Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Big One or Two

I haven't been too faithful at updating this thing, so I apologize for the huge slideshow. There are a couple new things to report.

Greg finished Emily's sandbox on Tuesday evening. She was knee-deep in it before he was even done putting in the sand. She and I went to our park on Wednesday morning and, rather than playing on the slides and teeter totter, she played with the other kids' buckets in the sand. I guess the sandbox was a good idea. We had to relocate some lilies and irises to make it a reality, but it will come in handy. Any time Greg or I tried to pull weeds or hoe up weeds, Emily did the same in our garden, flower patches and planters. Hopefully we can contain her to her 'garden'.

Last night Greg and I headed to Dwight Yoakam; the tickets were his Father's Day gift. The concert was absolutely amazing. I've been to Daughtry and Alan Jackson this year and Yoakam was by far the best. Michael and Angela agreed to look after Emily for us. She's had wonky nap and bedtimes lately, so we weren't comfortable leaving her with our neighbours, who had already volunteered to babysit.

What's up with the wonky routine? I've had to take Emily for a stroller ride the last few days to get her down for her nap. She'll finally fall asleep around 2:30, and then will sleep for a couple hours. Sounds good, right? Wrong. She's been going to bed at 10 - 10:30. I think someone is trying to say that she doesn't need a nap anymore. For the last two days I have omitted the nap, and bedtime has started around 8:30 - 9 pm. It's still late, but it is much better than 10:30!

This morning I dared to stick my finger in Emily's mouth. I was surprised to discover tooth #8 - her first bicuspid (I think!) on her lower right. She still doesn't have her complete front 8, so I wanted to have a closer look at what is going on in there. To my surprise, I discovered tooth #9! This one is her top left second biscupid (again, I think...). So for a girl who was slow to get teeth, she slipped two in on us without us expecting anything.

I think that's it for now. Happy Father's Day on the weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! Super awesome reel of photos. So many comments that I can't even remember them all. Emily is totally adorable. She is really growing up. I love the bin photos, Greg with the creek behind him, her dresses, her dresses that were my girls dresses. Great, great photos. I so can't wait to see her again, and the rest of yas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the sandbox is a definate hit!!!

    ReplyDelete