Following the same logic, it's my house, I can write on the walls if I want to. If you were to do a survey of our Regina house after it was packed up and in the moving van, you would have found MANY pencil marks on the wall. I never erased most of them, because they were under pictures. Well, the same thing has happened in our new house. There are pencil markings behind most of the pictures, but now there are also some on the wall of the second floor landing.
You may remember the mirrors that were up there?
Greg actually had to cut them and the drywall they were glued onto to get them off the wall. After patching and priming (six months ago), we are finally ready to take the next step and paint the wall.
This is what the wall looks like now.
Yes, I have even taped a pencil to the wall so I don't have to look for one anytime a comment pops in my head. Too yellow. Too grey. Symbols to show during what time of the day (and light conditions) my comments were made. For anyone that was familiar with our Regina house, you are probably thinking that these colours resemble the colour in our living room and halls. Well, you're right. And right now, I think it's a toss up between Mexican Tea and Traffic. Actually, the lightest shade of Mexican Tea blends right into the wall so that you can't see where the paint chip begins or ends. Let the painting begin? Since we are 14th in line for season 2 of Homeland and 9th in line for the 6th season of Mad Men, now might be the best time.

No comments:
Post a Comment