Remember these? This couch and pair of winged back chairs are probably 40 years old. We bought them from Auntie Helen's neighbour for $300 when we first moved to Regina. Don't you love the flower pattern that screams "I was built in the 1970's?" Well, the girls have jumped all over these and they are still in wonderful condition, although the fabric is dated.
Have you seen these? These are the pictures that hang above the winged back chairs. They will be hung in the living room of our new house, too.
Rather than tossing out the golden oldie furniture and getting a new set, I have picked up this fabric to have the chairs recovered. I figured the colours and the wavy lines are a good match to the trees in our artwork. The couch will also be recovered, but the fabric is a neutral and solid sand colour.
We delivered the furniture to Uncle Allan's neighbour on the weekend. She will have three weeks to work on the pieces before the movers pack everything. I'm so excited! In the meantime, we have moved a couple other chairs that she reupholstered for us up into the living room.





No comments:
Post a Comment