Our volleyball windup was on Saturday night. It was originally scheduled for the weekend that Greg and I were in St. Albert on our house hunting trip. I've been playing v'ball with four of these girls for nine years.
A crazy fun fact is that my cousins Barb and Janette also used to play with those same four girls - Barb, Donna, Yvonne and Louise. Another crazy fun fact is that several players in the league believe that Louise and I are sisters. When Louise went to the end of season meeting a couple weeks ago, she told one of the referees that I was moving. One of the other players at the meeting told Louise that she must be sad that her sister is moving. Louise laughed and said that we are not sisters, which seemed to surprise that player. It was not the first time we've been called sisters, though.
Here's a pic of the team. It really sucks that I have to say goodbye.
Front row: Yvonne, Louise, me, Cait, Kim
Back row: Adrienne, Barb, Donna, Sheena, Kareen

No comments:
Post a Comment