Saturday, May 1, 2010

Friend on my Foot

We just returned from the farm this evening. There is no way that anyone in southeast Saskatchewan is getting into the field this weekend! The fields were snow-covered on the drive back into the city. At the farm, the rain gauge didn't tell tales of monsoon rains, but over the last few days they have had upwards of 1" of rain. The rain, combined with today's one degree temperature will mean a slow dry-out process.

Although the rain dampened the seeding spirits, it enabled Martin and Dawn to finish a few renos before their baby comes. Mom and I helped Dawn hang a wall paper border in the main bathroom where the old black with pink floral border used to be. A glue-like glaze remained on the wall, so Dawn painted it green, and we centered the border on the green.

Meanwhile, Martin and Greg removed the old green carpet and underlay. The rookie carpet layers installed new underlay and beige carpet. Emily and I were done assisting in the bathroom, so we headed to Uncle Chad's before the new carpet was installed. Sorry, no pics of the new carpet!


Uncle Chad's living room was in desperate need of some TLC. Today he tells me that I broke his vacuum. Who knew that vacuuming one living room would be enough to overheat and kill the motor on a hand-me-down vacuum? Emily and I folded blankets, tossed clothes in the laundry basket and even dusted, which is my least favourite job. Even Emily had her own job! Since she was picking them up anyway, I gave her a bag and she put all of the beer bottle caps in it. What a wonderful helper! What a stereotypical bachelor pad! I should have taken before and after pics of the living room. I'm hoping that my cleaning job gives Chad the inspiration to work on the rest of his rooms.

Before I go, I will let you know that Emily found my puppy slippers at the farm. She hugged and loved them yesterday, but today we put one on her foot. There was a lot of giggling that happened before I was able to get this video.


Bye for now,
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment