Friday, February 26, 2010

A Day in the Life

Emily is fifteen months old. I can hardly believe it. I haven't taken a monthly update photo of her since October. Wow. She seems to have mastered the standard list of firsts that everyone asks about - walking, words, teeth, etc. Here are a few details since October:
  • 22 lbs. and 29"
  • Wearing 12 mo. clothing
  • First word: Daddy, just after 1 yr.
  • First tooth: upper right, October 13
  • First solo walk: Christmas Day
  • First time using a spoon: this week with yogourt
  • Tricks: hi-5, waving, blowing, kissing noises, hugging, lizard tongue, shaking hands, throwing stuff, breaking Mom's stuff
Emily has also done a another notable first that made my heart melt. I typically follow her closely during our outings because she likes to hit kids in the face. Last week at Mom's Morning Out she bee-lined toward a little girl that is exactly one week older than her. Expecting the standard smack, I rushed towards Emily. To my surprise, she wrapped her arms around the little girl and gave her a hug. She repeated this performance at the library program yesterday. Heart-warming. Relieving. Hopefully it is a sign of the times!

No comments:

Post a Comment