The girls are lucky to get many hand-me-downs from Grace and Fiona. Sometimes they are in fabulous condition; other times they are not. Here's one example from the Are Not category:
Can you see the problem? Need to look closer?
Can you see the problem now? The hole in the crotch?
But the pockets are too beautiful for the garbage can.
Does this look better?
And here's a closer view of the back.
I lopped off the legs and cut a patch to fill the front and back 'v' created when I cut open the crotch. I gathered purple broadcloth from my stash to make two ruffles. Thanks to Alice, I have iridescent thread that I used to serge the underside of the hem. I figured that since the serge was likely going to be visible, it may as well be pretty. The purple serger thread in my stash was visible, but not pretty. I hemmed the ruffles with my double needle and more iridescent thread. I found the grey/iridescent trim at Fabricland and voila! A new skirt for Emily for school!





It looks AWESOME! I love the alterations!
ReplyDelete