Thursday, April 7, 2011

No More Naps

Many people have asked if Emily still takes a nap. Well, the short answer is no. At first we tried to trick her into taking a nap by enforcing an afternoon 'quiet time' where she had to lay on her bed and read books. This only worked for three days during one week in February. After that, I just gave up trying because she constantly paraded in and out of her bedroom.

Overall it has been a fairly easy transition, with some crustiness and fatigue at supper time. Greg had been the recipient of the bulk of her crustiness. Most of the time she isn't too crusty at supper time. If supper is going to be late, I know that I have to load her up with snacks to prevent meltdowns.

Occasionally she has been super sleepy at supper time. We have managed to capture one of these moments on video. Here is a video from March 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment