Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Cow Named Connie

Quite the title, eh? Ask Greg for the story... he came up with the phrase.

Here is a quick slideshow containing some random pictures. Here are the stories behind some of the pictures.
  • Emily used to come out of her old bedroom dragging her quilt and pillow. I snapped a shot of her coming out of her old bedroom on one of the last days that she slept in there.
  • Grandma Englot painted the ceramic figurine of a brown-haired mother doing her blond-haired daughter's hair. Who would have know that it would be a reality thirty years later?
  • Emily and I received some flowers while we were in the hospital together. They were getting brittle and dusty, so we took one last photo with them.
  • We hosted the brothers to a supper on Friday night. Owen ate with the adults, but I hoped that Eli and Emily would sit at the table kids table. Soon after the picture they ventured to the adult table. I remember eating many family meals at Grandma & Grandpa Englot's kids' table.
  • Emily and Eli have very different swinging styles which seem to be directly in line with their personalities. Eli appears to be relaxed and leans back in the seat while aggressive Emily leans forward and out of her swing.
  • Emily picked out some Dora big girl panties. She was so excited to wear them. The instructions were that she cannot pee or poop on Dora. Poor Dora - once anything is put on Emily's bum, she thinks she doesn't need to run to the potty. Otherwise, she has been pretty good at going to the potty on her own when her bum is bare.
  • Hey Harold, remember feeding Emily 'samples' from the BBQ when we were in Arizona last winter? She does the same with Daddy. What a little bird.
  • Emily has her own kitchen corner in the living room. The furniture was rearranged to make room for the computer, which was moved to make the room into Emily's new room.
  • Emily loves puzzles and matching games. She quickly mastered the 'Kids of the World' matching game. I have picked up a few 24 pc. puzzles from garage sales, and she seems to be a whiz at those, too. Her affinity for I Spy books seems to have disappeared.
  • And lastly... Emily wants to help with everything, so I try to get her to be as useful as possible. Although the picture shows her doing a great job putting the meat on the pizza, two minutes later she was using the spatula to rub the meat into the dough. Tsk, tsk... constant supervision still necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment