Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sheena & Dwayne's Wedding

Greg and I were invited to Sheena's wedding up in Kamsack. Sheena works with Greg and I play volleyball with her, so we would know quite a few people. The Kamsack part was a bonus. It meant that some of my relatives would be at the wedding, but it also gave Mom and Dad the opportunity to travel with us, look after Emily and visit with family.



We stayed with Auntie Helen, Dad's godmother. She went all out - invited her siblings and put on a fabulous supper and Sunday morning brunch. If I am counting correctly, we saw all of Dad's aunts and uncles except for Aunt Josephine, who lives in Brandon. That only happens at weddings and funerals. Unfortunately, the last gathering was the funeral of Auntie Helen's husband, Ken, just a few months ago. Mom and Dad were unable to attend.

Greg's coworker, Tracy, took the engagement photos for Sheena. She wasn't the wedding photographer, but she did travel up to Kamsack to take photos of the wedding. Tracy does amazing work - it was she who took Emily's first year and Christmas pictures. Here's a photo that she snapped of Greg when he wasn't looking.

Gotta run and open the windows. I hear thunder!

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment