Monday, July 20, 2009

At 8 Months

God started spitting on me, so I decided to come inside and update the blog. I usually try to write the blog from the third person, but I'll be honest this time. It's me, Connie, who updates the blog. I don't think Greg has ever read it or even knows how to find it. That being said, it's time to tell you about Emily at 8 months.

Our little Emily is still little. She did, however, reach a whopping 16 lbs 2 oz by her 8th month. I am starting to feel it in my back when I put her in the snugli carrier. She loves being outside, so I will often hitch her up for a tour of the yard. If she is in her stroller, she will pull herself to a very upright sitting position. Needless to say, I never put the shoulder straps on her. She just doesn't want the world to pass her by.

Although it doesn't feel like things have changed much over the last month, she definitely is growing up. Emily's phase of silly faces seems to be over, but she has more talents to share. She loves to stand and play at her leapfrog table without help from us. She has started holding out her arms to be picked up, and can crawl backwards. Rolling onto belly still eludes her, however. Our theory is that she really hates being on her belly. That's not completely true, though, as she will prop herself up on her arms and play with her toys.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Look at her standing on her own. Write that in the baby book. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete