Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finding My Feet

I'm going to put together two entries tonight because I want to highlight Emily's sixth month as well as show you a bunch of photos. I am absolutely unsure where the first half of May went. However, I did manage to snap a bunch of photos during it. The pictures seem to be telling me this story: 

  • Emily found her feet. This first happened on her change table, as did her first talk and first giggle. I hope her first back to front roll doesn't happen here!
  • We celebrated our first Mother's Day by visiting both of our moms on their special day.
  • Emily ate potatoes as her first solid. Since that she has shown a huge love for rice and oat cereal. If she isn't full enough she cries for more. Also, Greg somehow manages to have a much cleaner baby at the end of feeding time than I do!
  • Emily has started sitting up with the assistance of the nursing pillow.
  • Christie & Elijah's baby shower was held the first weekend of May.
  • Emily likes playing with her hair.
  • We have discovered that the farm is an awesome place for a photo shoot. There are numerous pics of both Emily and Cash. Pay attention to the pics of Emily and Greg by the pine tree. He kept trying to get her to look up, but she was absolutely focussed on the tree!
  • Martin & Chad have started seeding, so we got some cool pics of them. Look for Chad in the pic that appears to have no one in it. It's a real life Where's Waldo. 
  • Lacee & Shawn's little Liam had a baby shower. Look at all the babes! Emily, Emmett Balogh, Liam Haus, Dylan Haus.
  • Decorating Uncle Michael's office in Disney Princess theme means gifts for Emily.
  • Emily still looks huge next to Eli, but that is changing.
  • We have chosen and purchased Emily's high chair. Okay, Clayton, call me a yuppie, but there are some very specific reasons why we chose the Stokke Tripp Trapp over the standard metal/plastic version.
  • We planted our garden (minus our corn, tomatoes and cucumbers).
So that is what the first two weeks of May have held for us. And here I thought that I was being lazy and doing nothing! Actually, the Visa bill came in today and it at least proves that I wasn't sitting at home. Greg's share is less than $200, but somehow the final tally is around $2000. Hmmm... Hope he doesn't notice?


No comments:

Post a Comment