There are several books that stick in my mind from when I was young. The one that is probably nearest and dearest to my heart is The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf. Here's a pic of the book:
Claudette, I know that you read the blog sometimes, so I'm going to guess that you'll see this post and that you will recognize this tree. It is between Kendal and Montmartre, up the hill and on the west side of the marsh, and on the north side of the road on top of a little hill.
When news of our impending move came, we started taking photos of random things. Ferdinand's tree was one of them.


I love that story. I love that tree. I always thought the same thing. I am sure we had agreed on it at one point.
ReplyDeletehahahaha I guess as Amanda and I are "outsiders" we had never ever heard of that book/tree... lol guess we'll have to read it sometime and catch up with the "local landscape/stories" :)
ReplyDelete