Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thanks Harold!

Our dear little Sophie was the inspiration for this project. For those of you who don't know, she is a tosser. I have found her stuffing toys in the heat registers, composting bucket and garbage cans. I know that I didn't find a toy that made its way into the recycling bucket, and it is long gone. As a result, two months ago I started a huge project - cleaning up and cleaning out my sewing room so that I could find a new home for the recycling while creating a play space for the girls. (I still need to take and post the photos.)

The sewing room is so much more functional now, but I still needed to find a spot for the recycling buckets. Up until yesterday the recycling buckets were stacked up in the laundry room. I found a pine shelving unit from Rona that was the proper width and depth, but I didn't like the placement of the non-adjustable shelves. They were tall enough for the buckets, but I thought the extra height was wasted space, and I didn't want to put the heavy paper recycling bucket on a shelf. I wanted it t sit on the floor.


Never step in my way when I'm in organization mode! I measured the buckets and marked the legs with the desired locations of the shelves. Then I solicited the assistance of my father-in-law, Harold, to router new grooves for the shelves. Harold, I set up my shelf immediately after I got home with the legs yesterday. Thanks so much! It is sturdy, and exactly what I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Connie LitzenbergerJune 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM

    Just a test run using Name/URL to comment.

    ReplyDelete