Dora. Charlie Brown. Turkey. Monkey. And now Rocky. Yes, our little Emily looks a little more like Rocky these days. On Tuesday morning (thank goodness it was a stay-at-home day!) she decided to expand her repertoire of at-home gymnastics moves. From two stairs up on our linoleum-covered stairs, Emily chose to jump backwards, and softened her fall using her nose. A bleeding nose and a lot of wailing were the result. (Giving her some apple juice and breakfast worked wonders to reduce the wailing!)
In the grand scheme of things, she was and is fine. I had taken a first aid for parents workshop a couple years ago, and I remembered what I learned. Was she behaving normally? Yes. Was she tired? No. Was I able to stop the bleeding in the reasonable amount of time? Yes. Then my neighbour and paramedic, Alice, called. She reiterated all that I had learned two years earlier. However, that did little to relieve Greg, who was at work and unable to see the nose and poor girl first hand.
So how is she two days later? Well, Emily climbed up and and jumped off a piece of furniture only an hour after her accident. Her nose doesn't look or feel bent, so it is likely not broken. Her spirits are a little dim, though. She looked in the mirror tonight as she brushed her teeth and announced, "I don't look like a girl." When I asked what she meant, she pointed to her nose. Here's what she looked like on Tuesday, and here's how she looked today and tonight.



No comments:
Post a Comment