Saturday, August 13, 2011

Introducing our babies


It has been a busy week around the CGLitz household. Greg and Emily have been going to swimming lessons at the Y every morning. She has been loving her lessons. She is working on jumping into the water, blowing bubbles and floating with a pdf.

Me? Well, I was working at an evening volleyball camp, which meant that Greg was a full-time dad from 3:00 - 9:00 on Monday - Thursday. The whole crew survived so well that I decided to put my name on the sub list for the fall. That's right - in less than a month I may be fielding 6:30 am phone calls to substitute teach.

The volleyball camp has kept me away from the computer, so I have not uploaded my photos in almost three weeks! I also have not had a chance to share our exciting news - here is a picture of our new baby - a 2009 Chariot CX2.
Greg's work gave us money toward a bike trailer, so I did a lot of online research before finally choosing which bike trailer/double stroller to purchase. My research led me to discover that the MEC version is 3" wider than the Chariot, and too wide to fit through some doorways. I wanted the CX2 rather than the Cougar2, which is one model lower and more affordable, because I wanted the hand brake. Why would I want a hand brake for a stroller? Well, I've already had the girls out rollerblading in this stroller, and rollerblade brakes are not enough to stop me and my 40+ lbs. of girls and stroller. In true Connie style, I made our purchase more affordable by buying it on usedregina.com.

I looked at a few used Chariots, and heard the same story from the owners: "I didn't use it enough to keep it." In the two weeks that we have had the stroller, we have used it over a handful of times. It was christened on August long weekend when we took it with us to Corning's sports day in the back of our car. Yup, it easily disassembles and folds down to fit in the trunk of our Honda! (btw, it was a great time, and Jaime/Greg's team won the tourney)

Well, enough about that baby and on to my next one. I have finished Emily's intro page for her scrapbook. There was an incredibly distracting green beam in the background of the colour photo, so I took the time to erase all of the background. Here's what it looks like.


Here are the kit details:
Kit Jardin secret © Fanette Design - March 2010
http://fanettedesign.fr/WordPress/
http://www.digital-crea.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment