Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Daddy's Big Day

September 12. That's the day that Daddy scratched one item off his bucket list - run a 1/2 marathon. Mommy woke me up early, changed and dressed me and then we left to see Daddy run.


















Our first stop was along Wascana Lake by Candy Cane Park. Tricky Mommy - she didn't drive by the park, so I didn't see it and want to play on it. Instead, we sat along the road on a blanket, ate breakfast and cheered on all the runners. We saw a lot of people Mommy knew. I think some of them even knew me because they were yelling hello and waving to me as I cheered them on. Finally we saw Daddy. He told us what time he thought he would be running by, but he came by earlier. Yay Daddy!

Our second stop was by the FNUC. The grass was a little more prickly, and I was a little more awake, so I stood up when I cheered. This time Mommy was able to get a picture of Daddy when he came around the bend. And again, he arrived sooner than we expected!















Mommy pack me up right away, and she ran to the car. I wanted to run by myself, but she wouldn't let me. For some reason, she was in a big hurry to get to the finish line.





















It's a good thing that we hurried! We got to the finish line at 1:42 and Daddy crossed just before 1:45! We were so happy for him. His sore knee prevented him from training for the three weeks leading up to the race, but he still ran as fast as he wanted to! Mommy made me practice in the car, so I was able to tell him, "I'm proud of Daddy."














No comments:

Post a Comment