Saturday, March 27, 2010

Arizona

Here they are folks. The long awaited Arizona pictures. Before the pics, I must share my favourite Arizona story.

We had gone out to the Suns basketball game on Sunday evening. The game was early, so we headed to T.G.I.Friday's in Chase Stadium for supper after the game. After giving our order, Emily and I headed to the bathroom for a diaper change.

It was getting late, 8:30-ish, so I had taken off Emily shoes and was letting her walk around the bathroom barefoot. I was washing my hands when she decided to bee-line towards a stall that had a large puddle of water in front. Once her bare little toes hit the cold water she stopped dead in her tracks. Her feet shot out from under her, and she fell on her bum. Then onto her back. Then her head hit the ground, too. She cried a little, but was okay, since the whole thing was very slo-mo.

I stood her up and smelled her wet sweater. Good, it just smelled like water. I took it off, and we walked to our table. I gave the sweater to Greg, and let Emily play on my lap. Sniff, sniff. Wait. Something smells off. It lean in and smell the back of Emily's head. Ewe! Her hair stinks like strong urine! My baby fell in pee?!? I pulled out my bottle of hand sanitizer. No, that wouldn't do. Wait, it's our lucky day.

As we were leaving the basketball game, there were people handing out full-sized samples of Dial men's shampoo/body wash. So Marilyn and I head into the bathroom with Emily and the bottle of Dial. We wash her hair, after which she smells like a 15-yr old on his way out the door for his first-ever date, having completely sprayed himself down with Axe. Not complaining, though. Beats smelling like pee!


No comments:

Post a Comment